Department for Education Vision:
All pupils leaving primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and
lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
In 2018/19 Farley Junior School was allocated with £19,550 (plus £1,599) to achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport.
To achieve this, our school would expect the following indicators to improve:
1. The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – the Chief Medical Office guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school.
2. The profile of Physical Education and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement.
3. Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching Physical Education and sport.
4. Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
5. Increased participation in competitive sport.
Below is a full breakdown of the funding allocation this year and Last year: